Friday, August 5, 2011

Will Eating Whole Grains Help You Live Longer? | Mark's Daily Apple

Will Eating Whole Grains Help You Live Longer? | Mark's Daily Apple

Hey all! Mark's Daily Apple is very motivational website. His book, The Primal Blueprint, pretty much echoes what I'm trying to do with our diets. (Funny that I discovered his book after deciding on this eating experiment.) I will warn you that I have dozens of pages I'd like to link here with the caption, "Yeah. What he said." But I'll try to do so sparingly.

The reason I like this link so much is that it helps decode a study: Whole Grains are best!  However, this article tears the study to pieces and shows that the conclusions are skewed. Unfortunately, while news outlets gave air time/page space to the original study, they don't like to extend the same courtesy to articles like these that prove the conclusions wrong...I guess it could have something to do with the fact this article contradicts many of their revenue sources (food commercials). But it doesn't matter. It's a good link - definitely worth 5 minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment